If you’ve been thinking about addiction recovery for long, chances are you’ve been advised to distance yourself from the people, places, and things that prompt the desire to drink or use. Trying to get sober in your own backyard can be nearly impossible when old friends, old haunts, and old triggers threaten to thwart your success.
As you evaluate drug and alcohol facilities, consider treatment options that are out of the region, or even out of state. Many Hope by the Sea clients travel to our facility to focus on an uninterrupted recovery outside their day-to-day community. Leaving former temptations behind, they remove themselves from the situations that compelled them to use drugs in the first place.
Reasons to Attend Rehab Out of State
Attending addiction recovery outside the area offers proven advantages for sustained sobriety. As a Hope by the Sea guest, you are giving yourself the best chance at recovery—the first time around. You will benefit from:
- Taking a break from friendships and romantic relationships that may have been a stumbling block in your journey toward clean living.
- Maintaining your reputation at work and in social circles. For many clients, privacy is essential. At Hope by the Sea, we help you keep your rehab focused and confidential.
- A sober community. During your stay at our CA addiction center, you will build a village of confidantes and sober friends pursuing the same goals that you are.
- Removal from immediate relapse dangers. It is recommended that addicts stay far away from relapse triggers in order to better “cement” their recovery into place. Going to rehab out of state is the perfect way to remove yourself from all-too-familiar environments that tempt you to use.
- Peace & quiet. Sobriety is hard work. Hope by the Sea is a peaceful environment away from the hustle and bustle of normal life. This type of space keeps you mentally and psychologically focused on the task at hand while providing healing rest for the body, mind, and spirit.
Advantages of Our Southern California Location
Southern California is home to the largest recovery community in the United States: a dynamic sobriety community sharing one of the most beautiful parts of the world. Located in San Juan Capistrano near the sparkling beaches of So-Cal, Hope by the Sea is private, but offers easy access to a variety of sights and diversions. Options include:
- Miles of California coastline & mountains for exploring, surfing, kayaking, hiking & communing with nature
- Beautiful Spanish missions & other landmarks ideal for history buffs
- Excursions at Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood & other CA theme parks
- Art museums, botanical gardens & aquariums
- Nearby shopping, movie theaters, bowling & other diversions
During your in- or out-of-state stay at our California rehab facility, you can participate in accredited addiction recovery programs uniquely designed for men, women, young adults and Christians. To learn more about Hope by the Sea’s impressive recovery record, explore our location, or to speak with an admissions counselor about insurance and payment options, dial 949.288.2091 today.